This photo gallery is a very small sampling of some dessert items I have created and/or made.
My name is Troy Swezey. “I believe dessert should be the main course” – that is how devoted I am to working in this culinary art as a Pastry Chef and Baker.
I am a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu patisserie and baking program but by no means am I classified as a naïve young adult with stars in their eyes and only a single focus in life. My six years in the U.S. Army (Aviation Branch) has shaped me into a well-rounded individual and has taught me integrity and honor. My military experience allowed me to travel the world and gain an understanding of working and socializing with people of all walks of life, being exposed to local cuisine, and seeing both differences and common denominators in cultural taste that one cannot learn in pastry school.
Working in a scratch bakery brings me much pleasure each time I put on my apron. The ability to combine several different, precisely measured ingredients and apply the proper baking technique to create a delicious dessert is a joy for me. Whether it be pie, cake, candy, gluten-free bread or those adorable little petit fours, it is a treat for me to create the best part of the meal.
There are many things needed to be a successful Baker and Pastry Chef: Attention to detail; the ability to think both creatively and scientifically; to be able to work well with others as well as on your own; to be able to take and properly execute direction in a loud and fast paced environment; to be able to manage time, ingredients and personnel to get the result right and on time.
Fortunately, I have these skills and more.
Please consider the following qualifications:
• My specialty is primarily with cake and bread with an open mind and willingness to excel in areas such as decorating and plating.
• My life’s experience brings with it a sense of urgency not commonly seen with recent graduates or other entry-level candidates.
• I possess a willingness to learn, leadership skills, attention to detail, and respect in teamwork.
• I can be counted on to receive direction and execute the recipe with equipment capability and excellent result, especially under the stress of deadlines or adversity.
You know how you are always wishing you had a worker who has real world experience that comes with age and wide-eyed trainability that comes with youth?
I can help solve that. Let’s talk.
Wm Troy Swezey
Click here to download the cover letter to your computer.
A challenging, growth-oriented position in the patisserie industry in which academic training, work experience, and a commitment to excellence will have valuable application.
Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts, Las Vegas, Nevada
Patisserie and Baking, 2012 – GPA 3.27/4.0
SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Successful leader, equally effective as member of a team.
• Highly organized; able to multi-task and accomplish multiple objectives.
• Professional demeanor and attentive to detail.
• Knowledge in the use of baking equipment, scaling, recipe conversion and mixing methods. Excels in plating presentation.
• Skilled in bread making, chocolate work and truffles, cakes, cookies, pies and tarts, mousses and custards, and sugar artistry.
Baker / Pastry Cook — 4/2014 – Present
Layers Bakery, Las Vegas, NV
Sales Associate — 4/2010 – 4/2014
Houdini’s Magic Shop, Miracle Mile Shops, Las Vegas, NV
Valet — 1/2007 – 4/2010
Las Vegas Parking, Las Vegas, NV
Customer Service Representative — 5/2006 – 11/2007
Team Swezey Inc, Las Vegas, NV
Chauffer — 9/2005 – 5/2006
Las Vegas Limousines, Las Vegas, NV
Apprentice Bartender — 9/2004 – 9/2005
Fremont Hotel / Casino, Las Vegas, NV
Realtor — 6/1998 – 6/2004
Century 21 Paul & Associates, Burbank, CA
Flight Engineer — 10/1990 – 6/1998
United States Army, Germany, Middle East, Mediterranean
Baker’s Apprentice — 01/2012 – 02/2012
Chef Flemming’s European Bakeshop, Las Vegas, NV
Chef’s Assistance — 09/2011
Kraft Foods, BakeMark 2011, Orleans Arena, Las Vegas, NV
Click here to download the resume to your computer.